My WebLink
|
Help
|
About
|
Sign Out
Browse
Search
1995 SPE MIN MAR 30
Colton
>
CITY CLERK
>
City Council Minutes
>
1991-2000
>
1995
>
1995 SPE MIN MAR 30
Metadata
Thumbnails
Annotations
Entry Properties
Last modified
2/25/2014 1:35:21 AM
Creation date
2/20/2014 10:15:33 AM
Metadata
Fields
Template:
General Documents
Created By
admin
DocType
Minutes
There are no annotations on this page.
Document management portal powered by Laserfiche WebLink 9 © 1998-2015
Laserfiche.
All rights reserved.
/
9
PDF
Print
Pages to print
Enter page numbers and/or page ranges separated by commas. For example, 1,3,5-12.
After downloading, print the document using a PDF reader (e.g. Adobe Reader).
View images
View plain text
distributed and the commercial bins will also be in place by April <br />10. <br />Mayor Fulp said he had requested, and it will be on the Agenda for <br />April 4, a presentation from the Public Works Department on the <br />Plan to implement the refuse service, both residential and <br />commercial; including what rates will be charged for the City's <br />service. Mayor Fulp said he had asked for the presentation and <br />asked that it receive Council approval. He said the way he sees <br />and understand this issue, the private haulers would continue to <br />serve until an approved plan is in place and that approved plan <br />will not be in place until at least April 4, 1995. Mayor Fulp said <br />he is now hearing that flyers will be sent out and that the City is <br />going to take over regardless of whether an approved plan is in <br />place or not. Mayor Fulp asked if the contingency was still in <br />place, to have the private haulers continue service so that the <br />transition can be implemented smoothly. Superintendent Rivera <br />replied "yes". <br />Councilmember Sandoval said he recalled that this matter would not <br />have to come back to the Council for further approval, unless the <br />rates are to affect the entire City. Councilmember Sandoval said <br />he did not want anyone to think this was to be reconsidered at a <br />future date; this matter had been decided. Mayor Fulp said perhaps <br />the word "approval" is incorrect and just Council concurrence is <br />necessary. Councilmember Sandoval said a status report by staff is <br />all that is necessary, it does not require any concurrence. <br />City Manager Martinez stated that Superintendent Rivera has been <br />doing a tremendous job and his sphere of influence has been <br />expanded. Mr. Martinez said he and the Director will work very <br />closely to have the plan in place for the Council; however, the <br />staff of the department has been working in record time and on <br />their own time, knocking on doors, notifying the people of what <br />will be required as far as containers, etc. <br />Mr. Jesse Valdivia, Sr., 644 East "C" Street, spoke on behalf of <br />the Taxpayers Association, saying they are opposed to the City <br />approving an MOU with the County of San Bernardino for the <br />hospital. <br />Mr. Charles Jackson, 2568 East Topanga Way, said Councilmember <br />Sandoval commented with regard to a senior citizens discount. Mr. <br />Jackson said he understood that at one time there was a 10% senior <br />discount and that it was discontinued because it was against the <br />law. Mr. Jackson asked how can this be legal now. <br />Mr. Jackson stated that the Police Chief's salary was cut by <br />$10,000 and said if the package on budget cuts did not include a <br />comparable cut for all department heads, that it should. <br />City Attorney Biggs said there cannot be a discount for senior <br />4 <br />VI n - . 11,995, <br />
The URL can be used to link to this page
Your browser does not support the video tag.